Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Emily, meet Tim Burton. Tim, Emily Neveu

This blog is Mike's Musical Musings. Not Mike's reviews. It's a good thing, too, because I'll never top this sort of review of one my favorite new bands,Calico Horse.

Do you know how you can watch a Tim Burton movie about some ghastly, eerie topic, and leave feeling like you just watched Mary Poppins? I get that same sort of emotion with Calico Horse and Clockwork Army.

I first saw Calico Horse at the Casbah the night I went to see Thao Nguyen. They were terrific. Their sound really spoke to me and I bought a CD on the spot. I asked Emily to sign it. She said, to my surprise, that I was the first person to ask her to do that! Can you imagine?!?! I believe that makes me Calico Horse's #1 fan!

Here is a very nice "unplugged" version of AWAKE IN THE CLOUDS. Be sure to head over to their MySpace page a give a listen to more of their stuff! I'm sure you'll be ready to buy Mirror after another song or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment